 Star Wars / 8897
Re: #7191 UCS X-Wing brief review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 06:59:29 GMT

My X-Wing has been assembled for over a month now,
and the slight upward angle has disappeared - presumably due to further
settling.  I bet the designers intended to leave that slight upward angle, • so
that as the model settled, the wings would straighten out just right.

Jeff J

I can just see the header on the memo in the product development division,
"One month wait necessary for the wings to sag to their proper alignment.
Should the consumer be informed?"

What I can't figure out is why they didn't copy the method used in the ERTL
model, which was having opposing top and bottom wings attached through the
center of the model and rotating on a central cylinder.  This made them
balance perfectly and, it seems to me, could have been easily accomplished
with Technic beams (has anyone tried this?).  It would also have negated the
silly way the wings bounce up and down when you try to "swoosh" it around
the room.  :-)

Dave