 Star Wars / 8873
Re: #7191 UCS X-Wing brief review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 08:35:53 GMT

2.  The cockpit doesn't close completely.  I would prefer that there was a
row of studs to secure the forward edge and have the glass seat firmly.  A
litte reengineering should fix this.  Any suggestions?

A 1x4 flat gray piece should fix that... I used a 1x2 & that looks nice.

3.  My wings are not completely straight.  When closed, both pairs are
angled slightly upwards.  It's not really noticeable when they're open, but
when they're closed, it looks funny.  Has anyone else experienced this and
found a solution?  I was thinking of tearing down the gearbox and tinkering
with it, but I wanted to get some suggestions first.

I haven't even finished mine yet. Spending as much time as I possibly can
on it (one wing per day etc)... :-)

Has anyone tried creating landing gear for it, by the way?

T.
--> thomas weigle  |  w.i.m.p.
    web: http://www.ya-ba.net/
  .iMMersE your soUL in LOVE.

Message is in Reply To:
  #7191 UCS X-Wing brief review

Well, after passing my driving test on the first try I decided to get myself a present to celebrate. Armed with TLG's coupon for $15 off, I headed to my local TRU (Emeryville, CA). They had all the new SW sets including the Millenium Falcon (I'll (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)