 Star Wars / 8877
Re: #7191 UCS X-Wing brief review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:03:36 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Simmons writes:
1.  Lackluster presentation once the box is opened:  there's just a bunch of
bags rattling around inside along with the instructions and decal sheets.
This resulted in one of the stickers peeling off and attaching to the
instruction sheet.  Not a big deal for me since I didn't plan to apply most
of them anyway.  It would have been nice if TLG had put one of those cool
clear plastic trays in the box to display some of the unique pieces from the
set.  It's like thery just threw everything in the box and taped it shut.  A
little haphazard if you ask me.

I have to agree with you completely on this one.  I feel as if I've gone to a
cafeteria, and the server has slapped some food on my tray and that's my
lunch.  Horrible presentation - here are your pieces, now go play and leave us
alone.  The unfortunate thing is that MANY of TLC's sets are like that now!
And I've experienced the "stickers-peeling-off" too.

Example: 6091 King Leo's Castle.  Everything just appears in the box.  But
funny thing is, I saw a "flapped-with-plastic-tray" version in Europe.

Bryan

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: #7191 UCS X-Wing brief review

HAR HAR! Good one, Bryan. The cafeteria analogy had me rolling. That's a perfect summation of my initial impression upon opening the box. "Thanks for the money, here's yer plastic." *plop* *plop, plop* Bryan Wong <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Message is in Reply To:
  #7191 UCS X-Wing brief review

Well, after passing my driving test on the first try I decided to get myself a present to celebrate. Armed with TLG's coupon for $15 off, I headed to my local TRU (Emeryville, CA). They had all the new SW sets including the Millenium Falcon (I'll (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)