 Star Wars / 8512
  Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

The recent threads about ethnic minifigs got me to thinking... When is LegoCo gonna make some Neimoidians? (These are the green-/dark grey-skinned fishy-/lizard-people evil, yet cowardly merchant-villains in "Star Wars: Episode I".) From a SW purist (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

(...) They're cowards! You can make a Sebulba-like mould for them. ;) (...) These would be wonderful. Actually, you know, the upcoming Statue of Liberty green would be *much* better for them...and for us! (...) I see the Deep Ones have come back in (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

(...) I believe you mean the guys with the terrible Asian accent. "Our blockaaaade is perfectry regal!" And BTW, you forgot to mention a Lego Yoda with the green body pieces! :-) ~Nick (URL) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

You know, the first time I heard them, I didn't think it was an Asian accent. I don't think we should blame ol' George for our own racisms being ascribed to his movie. Still, I think he shoulda kept subtitles, just to cover his bum. ~Mark (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

(...) I didn't mean to sound racist, that's just the way the aliens sounded to me. It just reminded me of some old anime shows I used to watch with the subtitles. Talking about subtitles, when I rented Ep 1, I made my dad watch it and when Jar Jar (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

I wasn't really directing that at you, Nick, but just as a sort of general comment. Personally, I'm a subtitles man. I LIKED hearing all the alien languages in the original trilogy. ~M (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

(...) Okie day :-) I like subs as well. In Ep. 1, wasn't the only subtitled part when Anakin and Watto were talking in the shop? Sorda a short scene given all the other subtitled scenes in 4-6. 'Specially with ol' Jabba. ~Nick (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

(...) What he said. ;-) Franklin (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

Hi! Nick Crocco schrieb: (...) Yes, the alien languages in Ep. 4-6 were pretty cool, but maybe Mr. L. thought that subtitles were a little bit hard to follow for some younger children, since Jar Jar, Wattoo and the Neimoidinas talked quite much. So (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

Bit of curiosity. Huttese sounds identical to Attic Greek (pre-New Testament, that is pre-Koine). When I took Greek in college, the professor had a tape of a researcher who was trying to figure out how the inflection and rhythm would have sounded (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

(...) I lived in Japan for a year, full emersion, and am conversationally capable (not quite fluent) in the language, and I've been complemented often on my Japanese accent and a couple of times mistaken for a native speaker on the phone by native (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

(...) But in the story as it stands, there aren't many places for subtitles. Boss Nass could be a possibility, but I don't think the plot would have been better served by having JarJar speak in full Gungan with subtitling. Any inclusion of JarJar at (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

Hi! Dave Schuler schrieb: <snip> (...) I my opinion the announcer was THE worst thing in Ep. 1!!! He doesn't even look like a Star Wars creature. CU, Stefan (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)