 Star Wars / 8513
Re: Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 21:46:08 GMT

"Franklin W. Cain" wrote:

The recent threads about ethnic minifigs
got me to thinking...

When is LegoCo gonna make some Neimoidians?
(These are the green-/dark grey-skinned
fishy-/lizard-people evil, yet cowardly merchant-villains
in "Star Wars: Episode I".)

From a SW purist point-of-view,
we need 'em to be in command of the hordes
of Battle Droids.

They're cowards!  You can make a Sebulba-like mould for them.  ;)

From a Lego builder's POV, think about it:
*Green* minifig heads and hands!

These would be wonderful.  Actually, you know, the upcoming Statue of
Liberty green would be *much* better for them...and for us!

(For us ".castle" people):
Orcs/orks!
Goblins!
Zombies!
Lovecraftian Deep Ones!

I see the Deep Ones have come back in .space!  ;)

(And for you ".space" people):
Martians!
BEMs!
ETs!
Other aliens!

Actually, BEMs and Greys could also be .town, but I digress...heh.

I mean, if LegoCo is gonna include
an ugly-as-sin SPUD for Sebulba
in the Pod Racer set -- *blech!!* --
for a single non-human (and non-humanoid)
character with that little screen time,
*surely* they can produce minifigs
for the major (well, as far as the characters
in the movie know...) villains!

They've already got a suitable "face" print with Gasgano, so we know
they can do it!  This I'd love to see.

best

Lindsay