 Star Wars / 8086
Re: My guesses again for 2001 sets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:12:27 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Zwicker writes:
I thought Episode 2 was slated for release in summer 2001. If so, TLC will
probably release 6 or 7 classic sets in November and the new Ep 2 sets
(probably another 6 or 7) later in the year. They would therefore not make • any
more Episode 1 sets.

Kevin Z
Lugnet member 142

To the best of my knowledge, Episode 2 won't be out until late May 2002, with
Episode 3 being out in 2005.  So, we still have a couple years before we'll
see Episode 2 sets, plenty of time for more Episode 1 sets.

-Bryan

I could be wrong about the release date (for some reason, starwars.com seems
to be down) but I could have sworn that in an interview for the launch of Ep1
(May 99), Mr. Lucas said the next movie would be in 2 years. He added that he
would have preferred 3 years but that studio or schedules or whatever
prevented this. That would put the release date sometime in 2001. I know that
they start shooting in Australia next week.

Another piece of evidence is the recent MTV awards. Lucas accepted an award
for "best action sequence" for the podrace scene. In his acceptance speech he
half-jokingly said that next year he hopes to see Sam L. Jackson accepting
that award. (Looks like Mace Windu is actually going to use his lightsaber.
Woohoo!)

Like I said, I may be wrong. I haven't seen the actual release date posted
anywhere.

Kev Z.
Lugnet member 142