 Star Wars / 8042
Re: My guesses again for 2001 sets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:36:02 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:
<snip>

My guesses for the trilogy:
$100 set, Jawa Sandcrawler(we have seen Jawa's in the cartoons in the back of
the instruction manuals and a prototype next to the UCS Xwing)

I bet it uses the new rubber treads instead of the really cool technic tractor
links.

$50 set, Tyderian Shuttle (slightly out of scale, but feasible)

I think that one has to happen.  Since there are already sets with luke, han,
and company, I bet it's the emperor's shuttle, not the tyderian.  This would
allow for an emperor minifig and the red emperor's guard.  They could use the
hoods from the jedi in black and red for the two.  I wonder if the palpatine
will get trans-blue "lightning" that clips on to the hands.  The normal non-
lego action figure came with it.

$30 set, Death Star playset, with Luke, Ben and Vader. Could be multitiered
or many $10-$15 sets to snap together like the Soccer sets but probably an
ATST.

I think it's the atst.

$20 set Tie Fighter or Tie Bomber (maybe not as they need to do a special
pilot helmet).

I bet it's a fighter with some kind of extra thing, like the ground crew in
the x-wing, with the bomber being the alternate, or the other way around.
Also, I bet they're making a helmet for the original storm trooper.  That one
could be run in black and double as the tie pilot helmet.

$10 set Han on a Taun Taun (probably a useless solid piece like the Kaadu),
the Arctic sets already have the coats for it.

That would require one or more fairly compicated pieces without much
possibility for reuse.  I'd be surprised if they make a tauntaun.

$5 set Storm Trooper minifig pack

I'm surprised we havn't seen this one yet.

brian