 Star Wars / 8050
Re: My guesses again for 2001 sets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 02:21:58 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:
Last I counted, there
were 14 SW related sets released for the 99 model year. This included about
equal numbers Episode 1 and original trilogy. Then for the 2000 model year
they have scheduled to released 15 sets(includes technic droids, and Falcon),
related to the star wars universe. Equal numbers Ep 1 and Original trilogy
(don't forget the Dark Side Discovery set and UCS). So if they keep this pace
up for one more year before the new movie, they need 13 or so more sets, 6 of
one series 7 of the other. Can you even think of 13 total more sets(including
system, technic and UCS)?

I thought Episode 2 was slated for release in summer 2001. If so, TLC will
probably release 6 or 7 classic sets in November and the new Ep 2 sets
(probably another 6 or 7) later in the year. They would therefore not make any
more Episode 1 sets.

Kevin Z
Lugnet member 142