 Star Wars / 8023
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 06:25:44 GMT

Mike Petrucelli wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Ha Ha.  Star Wars is actually closer to following the laws of phyisics than
Star Trek on most points.  Hyperspace and the Deathstar are really the only
laws of phyiscs SW breaks.  ST on the other hand breaks laws with most of its
technology and it is still weaker.

Just for my own physics-illiterate curiosity, what laws specifically do you
consider the Death Star to break?

    Dave!

Even if the Death Star used its entire structure (160km diameter for DS1, 600km
diameter DS2) to fuel its hyper-matter reactor it still would not have
sufficent energy to blow apart a planet.  I'd say that is a major physics
problem that was solved by 'movie magic' that must be accepted as 'real' for
the purposes of argument.

As I know of DS1 and DS2 diameters are 120 and 160 km (or thereabouts)
respectively. Where do you get these numbers? Of course I could be
wrong, but I just want to learn about your source, since the diameter of
second one extremely large with your numbers.

Selçuk