 Star Wars / 7934
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 00:58:41 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Gary Blessing writes:
----------
From: "Aaron West" <maniac@vol.com>
To: lugnet.starwars@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Date: Fri, Jun 16, 2000, 1:40 AM

Now if you want to, we can discuss something that will never happen and is
still fan related:  Who would win in a fight, the Enterprise 1701-E, a Star
Destroyer, Earth battleship Agamemnon, or the Battlestar Gallactica?
Apples, oranges, Star Trek and stars are also very enjoyable things:)
Aaron
That one's easy to answer,the Enterprise!!

Don't be too sure about this one.

The Enterprise E is the David in a battle of Goliaths.

Battlestar Gallactica's landing bay is 1K long making the ship about 2K.  A
fully-stocked Battlestar has almost 300 little fighters, not to mention the
Turbo laser batteries and Nuclear Missle Launchers all over the Battlestar
itself.  The fight would be between the Battlestar and the Star Destroyer which
is of comparible size and has 75 fighters for support.  The key is its 50 Turbo
Lasers and 50 Ion Cannons.  The rest of the ships would start shorting out from
the Ion Cannons and not be able to fight back.

Not to mention that the Enterprises computers are designed to blow up
at the slightest hit to the hull.  (haha) Enterprise could fly rings around
them, but it could never do any real damage without major losses.  (Like flying
directly into the bridge ala Return of the Jedi)

The Agamemnon looks to be about 1k long, and it has shields, cannons and
fighters, but lacks the Battlestar's 20 feet of armor plating to stand up to
the pounding.  However, it does have and advantage over the Battlestar and
Enterprise that its pilots can fly in three dimensions. (again, haha)

In the end, the smart money is on the Star Destroyer.  It's also on me not
having a life, but there you'd be wrong.  All of this info comes via a friend
of mine who didn't get a life until about the age of 30.  Everyone should have
at least one geek friend.

-SEan