 Star Wars / 7939
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 17:05:03 GMT

Sean Forbes wrote:

Not to mention that the Enterprises computers are designed to blow up
at the slightest hit to the hull.  (haha) Enterprise could fly rings around
them, but it could never do any real damage without major losses.  (Like flying
directly into the bridge ala Return of the Jedi)

Can't argue with that.  :)

The Agamemnon looks to be about 1k long, and it has shields, cannons and
fighters, but lacks the Battlestar's 20 feet of armor plating to stand up to
the pounding.  However, it does have and advantage over the Battlestar and
Enterprise that its pilots can fly in three dimensions. (again, haha)

Earth Force ships lack shields, in fact, I don't think ANY B5 race has
them, but the Vorlons have a similar technology.  Defence is in the form
of pulse guns that shoot at incomming shots to block them (as well as
the armor).  A StarFury would beat a StarViper or TIE any time.  ;)
Earth battleships also have some very heavy guns, but I don't think it's
that big (I could be wrong, though).

In the end, the smart money is on the Star Destroyer.  It's also on me not
having a life, but there you'd be wrong.  All of this info comes via a friend
of mine who didn't get a life until about the age of 30.  Everyone should have
at least one geek friend.

Touch choice between the Battlestar and the Star Destroyer, those are
the big ones, and would take a lot of hits.  I think the SD would win if
it's bombers hit their mark before being destroyed.

jmbrown@mines.edu
http://farlander.home.dhs.org/