 Star Wars / 7732
Re: Canadians ordered UCS from S@H?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:58:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.loc.ca, Michael Jorgensen writes:
Anyone ordered the UCS X-Wing from S@H (LEGO Direct) in Canada yet?

Don't do it, be strong, hold-out. Buy the item in a retail store. I love
LEGO, but their 'evil' counterpart S@H (LEGO Direct) is corrupt.

Gee Richard, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Ever since they moved from Missagua, Ontario, you now have to pay $2.00
customs fee, AND they charge you 1.45 in exchange rates, AND I’ve herd that
you have to pay customs tax again once you receive the item!!!!!! PLUS in
late summer, ---SHIPPING IS NO LONGER FREE---  I told you they've gone crazy.

A $2.00 fee is less than Canada Customs charges for brokerage ($5.00) and far
far less than some other companies (UPS, for example, will typically run you
up a $30 to $40 brokerage fee before they quit).

You don't have to pay customs tax more than once, ever.  If you do, then
someone along the line is defrauding you. (AFAIK)

As to the 1.45 exchange rate, that's not up to them, it's up to the global
economy.  I recently ordered a shipment from S@H, and after all was said and
done, the difference between what it cost now, and what it cost a year ago,
was pennies.

And the shipping being no longer free isn't exactly right.  Shipping was never
"free", it was just built into the cost of each individual set - that's why
S@H prices are higher than retail.  Presumably, that will change.

Here’s hoping that the LEGO Wookies disembowel the S@H (LEGO Direct) evil
empire…

Hmm.  That's a pretty non-productive hope, given that LEGO Direct is the
branch of LEGO that is communicating with us (albiet sporadically).

...or are you just being deliberately inflamatory?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.