 Local / Canada / 433
Re: Canadians ordered UCS from S@H?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:39:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Richard Noeckel writes:

Don't do it, be strong, hold-out. Buy the item in a retail store. I love
LEGO, but their 'evil' counterpart S@H (LEGO Direct) is corrupt. Ever since
they moved from Missagua, Ontario, you now have to pay $2.00 customs fee, AND
they charge you 1.45 in exchange rates, AND I’ve herd that you have to pay
customs tax again once you receive the item!!!!!! PLUS in late summer, ---
SHIPPING IS NO LONGER FREE---  I told you they've gone crazy.

Am I correct, or is LEGO S@H (LEGO Direct) gust messing with Ontario???????
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

They have yet to charge me a customs fee. Also 1.45 exchange is better than
1.50 at the banks.

What's this about shipping?!?!?!? Who is your source? Will this also affect US
clients? My last order had shipping on it by reasons of a computer glitch but
it was rectified before the end of my call. So please say that it ain't so. If
that is true about shipping charges, they will lose at least one customer!!!

Jude

When will the voices stop???