 Local / Canada / 432
Re: Canadians ordered UCS from S@H?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 04:11:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Michael Jorgensen writes:
Anyone ordered the UCS X-Wing from S@H (LEGO Direct) in Canada yet?

If so, please tell me what the total cost was in Canadian dollars and break it
down for me (i.e. price, tax, duty, brokerage fees, etc.)

I am getting itchy for it and can't wait too much longer for my local retailer
to get it.  But I'll wait if S@H proves too much compared to retail + GST/PST.

Don't do it, be strong, hold-out. Buy the item in a retail store. I love
LEGO, but their 'evil' counterpart S@H (LEGO Direct) is corrupt. Ever since
they moved from Missagua, Ontario, you now have to pay $2.00 customs fee, AND
they charge you 1.45 in exchange rates, AND I’ve herd that you have to pay
customs tax again once you receive the item!!!!!! PLUS in late summer, ---
SHIPPING IS NO LONGER FREE---  I told you they've gone crazy.

Am I correct, or is LEGO S@H (LEGO Direct) gust messing with Ontario???????
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Here’s hoping that the LEGO Wookies disembowel the S@H (LEGO Direct) evil
empire…

I remain,
                        Richard