 Local / Canada / 434
Re: Canadians ordered UCS from S@H?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 17:27:09 GMT

You wrote:
you now have to pay $2.00 customs fee, AND
they charge you 1.45 in exchange rates, AND I’ve herd that you have to >pay customs tax again once you receive the item!!

You DON't pay customs tax again when you receive the item: there is NO
DUTY on construction toys like Lego. What you do pay is GST (to Lego)
and the 2.00 they charge you to collect it is less than the 5.00 Canada
Post would charge you to collect the GST if Lego didn't collect it.

And a 1.45 exchange rate isn't bad when (like recently) the rate has
been up around 1.49. What do you expect, they will sell things to
Canucks at the same price in CN$ that they charge in US$??

Kevin
--
Personal Lego Web page:
eBay auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/