 Star Wars / 7733
7732  |  7734
Subject:
TLG and Minifig Scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 19:11:22 GMT

   So Lego has stayed roughly with minifig scale so far... yes, but I think
that that is incidental to their REAL mandate which is sticking to a scale in
which you can stick minifigs in the model and play with it. I'll bet we DO see
an ISD, comparable in price to the MF, with a couple of little hatches in it
that open, with a couple of storm troopers and imperial officers. Not unlike
the MTT in that respect. Also... correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the MTT way
smaller than minifig scale?
   That said I'll bet we see a scaled down Blockade Runner too. If they put
out an Imperial Shuttle that IS minifig scale, it'll cost at least as much as
the UCS sets. I built a shuttle that is about 85% the size of minifig scale
and it used over 900 pieces! (http://myweb.mortimer.com/~tjantzi/lego.html)
   IMHO, there is no way Lego will stick to building stuff strictly at Minifig
scale if it means not getting to put out the cool sets that they COULD put out.
   They're already out of Episode 1 stuff, right? (Except maybe the Coruscant
taxi) If they scale stuff down a bit they can put out the queen's ship, that
red ship that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon arrive on, Palpatine's ship, maybe even a
Mos-Espa priced Droid Control Ship.

  My two cents, anyways...

- Thaddeus