 Star Wars / 6729
Re: Some questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:32:42 GMT

Mark Sandlin wrote in message ...
In lugnet.starwars, Adam Murtha writes:

It also sounds
like to me that you think the X-Wing is too small.

Well, it is, but that wasn't what I was trying to point out. I was trying • to say
that most parents are more concerned with "how much toy am I getting
for my money?" If you have two X-wing toys that cost the same, I think that
an uneducated parent will 9 times out of 10 buy the larger of the two,
regardless of whether the Lego set offers more creativity or play value.

In all honesty, none of the Star Wars Lego sets are in scale, but some of
them come close enough to be basically acceptable.

Well, precise scale, no, but some are very close.  For example, the X-Wing,
Y-Wing, Snowspeeder and Luke's Landspeeder are all within a couple of studs
of scale--which is actually fairly subjective anyway, as it's based on the
scale height of a minifig (for example, I make my Star Wars MOCs based on a
minifig height of 6').  As mentioned earlier, the Sith Infiltrator and the
Slave I are both horribly out of scale, as is the A-Wing. It looks like the
Millenium Falcon is also going to be grossly out of scale.

:Derek