 Star Wars / 6321
Re: Senator Palpintine / Emperor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:44:20 GMT

Yes, I know the senator is the emperor, I wasn't asking about that. I
as asking if he had his powers then, or not.

Well, the story as I understand it is that he (Palpatine/Darth Sidious/The
Emperor) is a Dark Lord of the Sith, a dark side equivalent of the Jedi -
basically the whole Empire/Rebellion/Galactic Civil War thing boils down to
"a bit of a tiff" between the Jedi and the Sith, whom the Jedi virtually
wiped out millennia before Episode I.

Andrew.