 Star Wars / 6319
Re: Senator Palpintine / Emperor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:02:25 GMT

Maybe Jar Jar will become a Jedi when they are all being killed off.
The Jedi might be so desperate for reinforcements that they'll take
anybody.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:18:27 GMT, "Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net>
wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Brown writes:

Actually, I'd say that Lucas isn't pandering to the masses.  Millions of
whiny
fanboys would love it if Jar Jar Binks weren't in Episode II, and yet he will
be.
Millions of whiny kids will love it if he is.  But I'm going to stop now
before this denegerates into another "Ewoks are cool" "Ewoks are stupid"
spiraling thread of despair.

Oh, it won't go that far.  Ewoks are dumb, Jar Jar is dumb... I haven't even
ever met any kids who like Jar Jar.  I find him midly amusing, but if I had my
druthers, there wouldn't be any screen time wasted on him.

I just find it difficult to accuse Lucas of doing the movies any way other than
his way.  He clearly wants Jar Jar in the movies for some personal reason.
Maybe it will become clear, maybe it won't.  But either way, he's certainly not
pandering to the masses.  Especially not the ones that really metter- the
20somethings with lots of extra cash who are snapping up all the toys, etc.

eric

Jorge Rodríguez
rodriguez.136@osu.edu