 Star Wars / 6339
Re: Senator Palpintine / Emperor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 05:27:20 GMT

Well.  First, you're making the big assumption, that Senator Palpatine = Darth
Sidious = Emperor Palpatine.  One or another of those may actually not be
true.  Lucas has avoided direct questions about this.  I know it's an easy
assumption to make, but remember that something may happen to change that.

That said, if Darth Sidious *is* Emperor Palpatine, he's already a full Jedi.
He trained Darth Maul, after all.  And considering his resounding success in
Episode I- ie, getting Palpatine elected to Chancellor of the Galactic Senate-
he might well have precognative powers already.

Food for thought:  There is no "Darth Sidious" in the credits to Episode 1...
I think that Lucas assumed people would know that Sidious and Palpatine are one
in the same, but then again perhaps he wants us to think that for some future
plot twist...  Only time will tell.

And just to be anal... Sidious is NOT a Jedi... he's a dark lord of the Sith,
completly different philosophies, ideals, and origins in Star Wars lore.

Anyway, back to Lego... I've come up with several new minifigs that I think are
pretty cool.  I've got an Emperor, a Royal Guard, a Ric Olie, and a Bib
Fortuna, I also made a Jabba the Hutt that I think is pretty cool (and funny.)
I'm going to post some pictures on my website within the next few
days(http://members.xoom.com/Hobartrus/lego/sw/)