 Star Wars / 6308
Re: Senator Palpintine / Emperor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:31:06 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

I am listening to ROTJ on my Minidisc player, I was wondering
something. In ROTJ, the Emperor seems to have the gift of prophecy, of
the dark side of the force. Does he undergo Jedi training at some point
or something? He just seemed normal in Episode 1. He must undergo some
kind of training or transformation or something at some point, between
Episodes 2-3. Does anyone know about this?

Well.  First, you're making the big assumption, that Senator Palpatine = Darth
Sidious = Emperor Palpatine.  One or another of those may actually not be
true.  Lucas has avoided direct questions about this.  I know it's an easy
assumption to make, but remember that something may happen to change that.

That said, if Darth Sidious *is* Emperor Palpatine, he's already a full Jedi.
He trained Darth Maul, after all.  And considering his resounding success in
Episode I- ie, getting Palpatine elected to Chancellor of the Galactic Senate-
he might well have precognative powers already.

eric