 Star Wars / 5350
5349  |  5351
Subject:
What a bunch of minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 20:41:19 GMT

So do the Star Wars playthemes (see next paragraph) hold a record for the most
unique figures introduced in a one-year period?  I count 26 distinct minifigs
(including the Gungans), and an additional 11-12 non-minifig characters - droids
and aliens and such.

There are 2 playthemes, Classic and TPM.  This is not necessarily canon TLC
information, but that's the way they are treating it on www.lego.com and in the
catalogs.

Here's my list.  Notice that this is using the Fibblesnork LEGO Guide approach
to 'unique figures'; small variations count.  No figures from non-released sets
are included.  Sorry no set numbers.  Sorry no stormtroopers.  Some of the
'characters' stretch the meaning, but I chose to be inclusive.

Minifigs
--------
Luke Skywalker in Tattoine farmer clothes
Luke Skywalker in Pilot uniform
Luke Skywalker in Jungle Guerilla uniform
Luke Skywalker in Jedi Black
Han Solo without Vest
Darth Vader
Old Obi-Wan Kenobi
Biggs Darklighter
Gold Leader
Dak
A-Wing Fighter Pilot
B-Wing Fighter Pilot
Rebel Hoth soldier
Rebel Tech #1 (handlebar moustache)
Rebel Tech #2 (under-the-nose moustache)
Speeder-bike Trooper
Boba Fett
Qui Gon Jinn
Young Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jar Jar Binks
Anakin Skywalker with brown helmet
Anakin Skywalker with gray helmet
Padme Naberrie
Darth Maul
Gungan Warrior
Naboo Soldier

Characters
----------
R2-D2
R5-D4
Battle Droid
Droid Star Fighter
Pit Droid #1
Pit Droid #2
Pit Droid #3
Boxy wheeled thing in set #7141 Naboo Fighter which may be a droid, or may just
be a maintenance cart.
Sebulba
Gasgano
Sith Spy Droid