 Star Wars / 5012
Re: Slave-I factoids!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:22:22 GMT

1.  UNIQUE PIECE:  clear orange 1x1 headlight piece.

I've got BOATLOADS of this piece.  It was very prevalent in Ice Planet,
Aquazone, and RoboForce.

2.  DARK GREY mini-fig hands on Boba!  Never seen THESE before...also, his
helmet and jetpack are fused into one piece...

One of the UFO 'figs had black hands.  I think one of the one's from the
large saucer with the vehicle in the middle.

3.  LITTLE KNOWN FACT:  Boba Fett is black!  Actually, he's too black to • be
African-American.  This is jet-black black.  They gave him a black • mini-fig
head, similar to the Speeder Bike Pilot heads.  :-)  GOOD!  I'm glad to • see
Lando wasn't the only one.  Now how about a nice, brown mini-fig head • please?
Enough with the jaundice.  OK, off the box...sorry.  I'm caucasian...am I • even
allowed to be peeved?  :-)

More black minifigs heads means more cannonballs for my BSB.  Though the
Sith Infiltrator has three and you don't have to break up a minifig to get
'em.  I think the one-piece helmet and backpack piece really sucks the big
one!  That REALLY limits the poseability of the 'fig, just like Michael
Keaton in that stupid Batman suit.  He'll have to turn his entire body to
look around.  Not very practical.

6.  HAN LOOKS REALLY FUNNY.  My only gripe is the age-old whining about • how the
1x2x5 black "carbonite" brick with silver imprinting should have been a
dedicated piece with molding, like the sarcophogi in the Adventurers sets,
instead of this comic relief of a piece.  Oh, well.

This is interesting.  Since the piece is painted and not a sticker, that
would limit its usage just as much if it were a specially molded piece.
Additionally, a 1x2x5 brick is not proportionally correct.  It should be a
little wider.My bet is TLG didn't want to expend the money for a new mold to
keep costs down.  Oh well.

Dave