 Star Wars / 5011
Re: Slave-I factoids!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 00:29:57 GMT

Jot and Jab wrote:

Well, it appears the new stuff is popping up everywhere now.  The usual
selection of 2000 sets mentioned in prior postings has appeared in CT (near
Enfield, no surprise there) at Wal-Mart stores.

I was told by my wife that I was only allowed to buy ONE SET for myself, and
that I must wait for Santa to bring me the rest (freakin' elf!).

I just got home with my shiny new Slave-I, and thought I'd share some
commentary on this exquisite set:

1.  UNIQUE PIECE:  clear orange 1x1 headlight piece.

As mentioned elsewhere, 6195 has this piece; since I have one but it is unopened,
yet I still have several loose 1x1 trans-neon-orange headlight pieces, there must
also be another set (the Crystal Crawler?) that had them.

2.  DARK GREY mini-fig hands on Boba!  Never seen THESE before...also, his
helmet and jetpack are fused into one piece...

Didn't one of the UFO Aliens have dark grey hands?  And I'm not surprised about the
head/pack fusion thing--I thought Mandalorian Battle Armour was a unifi

6.  HAN LOOKS REALLY FUNNY.  My only gripe is the age-old
whining about how the 1x2x5 black "carbonite" brick with silver
imprinting should have been a dedicated piece with molding, like
the sarcophogi in the Adventurers sets, instead of this comic relief
of a piece.  Oh, well.

Hey, the man was FROZEN.  In Carbonite.  I mean, FROZEN SOLID.  You'd look kind of
funny too!  :)

Run out and grab 'em, there were only three left on the shelves.  I only wish I
had an extra Hamilton on me...I wanted that Flash Speeder.  I don't care what
my wife says!!!  I want a GREEN Christmas, but I want it NOW!!!  :-)

Credit cards, m'boyo, credit cards...you can always pay 'em off at the end of the
month.  Well, I can, anyhow.

best

Lindsay