 Star Wars / 4769
Re: 600 dpi scans of 2000 Catalog Insets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 23:01:41 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Simmons writes:

I gotta agree with Mr. VanZweiten here, my expectations for this particular
set just crashed and burned like a TIE Fighter in an asteroid field!

Dave

I've voiced my negative opinions of the Lego MF here before, but lately (until
today) I'd been having a change of heart.  I'd made a real effort to like the
"Falcon."  It didn't even really have to be the Falcon - I'm sure the
Correlians
produced other models...of course they did...the Outrider, for instance.  Ok,
this is just a model of a smaller Corellian freighter.  I can dig that.  I'm
partial to small vehicles (I own a Festiva.)  But this "escape pod" is too much
to bear.  I understand the necessity for unselective compression.  All I ask is
that they respect the ship.  Be true to the spirit of the design.  This little
open escape pod is nonsense.  Point of fact: it is unclear where exactly within
the Falcon the escape pods are.  So...how about ejecting something else... like
a shipment of spice?  I think that would be a nice touch, and more practical
than an impossibly compressed escape pod in this already compressed ship.  Too
much like dropping a dubious load when the Coast Guard shows up?  Well, we have
the boys from ResQ who might be available for a bit of interdiction.  Anyway,
Lego has nasty bounty hunters and dark lords and sabers and pistols and buxom
maidens now.  Billund doesn't have a moral leg to stand on.  I digress...if I
get the MF, you can bet that I'll be dropping a load of spice, first time I see
an Imperial Cruiser, rather than that cheesy escape pod.