 Star Wars / 4459
Re: Favorite Star Wars Movie Stuff...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:30:10 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:

Ok I am in a bit of a posting frenzy.  I am sitting in a hotel room and quite
board tonight.  Last night I watched The Phantom Menice in my hotel room and
it got me to thinking about some of my favorite things about the movies.  I
thought I would share some of my thoughts with all of you.

It's still playing in some cinemas over here, and you've got it on in-house
movies already. Sheesh!! Talk about fast! When is it going to be released for
general video/dvd/laser disc consumption??

Well it is not generally available for home viewing this was just a "Pay Per
View" hotel thing for movies still in theaters  (It cost $8.50)

OK, here's a new one.

Best Droid

1.  R2D2 (everyones favorite)
2.  Destroyer Droid (they rock! - and roll - excuse the pun, haha)
3.  GONK (any droid that has a dedicated fan base like his has gotta be good)
4.  Probe Droid
5.  IG88 (a droid with an attitude!)
6.  C3P0 (gets worse as the movies progress. Really gives me the willies in
ROTJ - he just whines all the time, and completely unnecessary in TPM. A worse
addition than Jar Jar Binks IMO)
7.  Battle Droids (hopeless shots, but cool nonetheless)
8.  The boss droid in Jabba's palace (another droid with an attitude)
9.  Pit Droids (Lucas was going for another cute factor here)

Doh!  I remembered I had forgotten that one.  I like your list though.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/