 Star Wars / 4439
4438  |  4440
Subject:
Favorite Star Wars Movie Stuff...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:19:56 GMT

Ok I am in a bit of a posting frenzy.  I am sitting in a hotel room and quite
board tonight.  Last night I watched The Phantom Menice in my hotel room and it
got me to thinking about some of my favorite things about the movies.  I
thought I would share some of my thoughts with all of you.

Most of you know that I am really a "Classic SW" fan but when I was thinking I
found there were parts of all the movies that I like a lot so here are some
catagories and how I rank each movie.

Favorite Star Wars Movie

1.  Star Wars (A New Hope)
2.  Empire Strikes Back
3.  The Phantom Menice
4.  Return of the Jedi

Best Battle Scene

1.  Hoth (Empire)
2.  Death Star (Star Wars)
3.  Death Star (Jedi)
4.  Gungans vs. Droids (Phantom)
5.  Endor (Jedi)

Best Light Saber Duel

1.  Maul/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon (Phantom)
2.  Vader/Luke (Empire)
3.  Vader/Luke (Jedi)
4.  Maul/Qui-Gon (Phantom)
5.  Vader/Obi-Wan (Star Wars)

Best Fighter (Note: The Falcon is not a Fighter)

1.  X-Wing (Star Wars)
2.  Air Speeder (Empire)
3.  Tie Figher (Star Wars)
4.  B-Wing (Jedi)
5.  Tie Interceptor (Jedi?)
6.  Y-Wing (Star Wars)
7.  Vader's Tie (Star Wars)
8.  A-Wing (Jedi)
9.  Naboo Fighter (Phantom)

Best Non-Capital Ship (Freighter/Shuttle/Cuiser)

1.  Falcon (Star Wars) Not much competition here
3.  Lambda Class Shuttle (Jedi)
4.  Tantavie IV (Star Wars)
5.  Queen Amidala's Ship (Phantom)
6.  Sith Infiltraitor (Phantom)
7.  Rebel Transport (Empire)

Best Capital Ship

1.  Super Star Destoyer (Executor) (Empire? maybe Jedi)
2.  Star Destroyer (Star Wars)
3.  Trade Federation Droid Control Ship (Phantom)
4.  Medical Frigate (Empire)
5.  Mon Cal Destroyer (Jedi) Don't know the exact name for this one

Best Main Character

1.  Han Solo
2.  Luke Skywalker
3.  Darth Vader
4.  Princess Leia
5.  Obi-Wan
6.  Queen Amidala
8.  Qui-Gon

Best Secondary or Minor Character

1.  Lando
2.  Chewbacca (No lines = not a main character in my book)
3.  Darth Maul
4.  Jaba the Hutt
5.  Boba Fett (OK he looks real cool and all but not much of a Character)
6.  Emporer/Palpatine
7.  Grand Moff Tarkin -sp?

Best LEGO Model

1.  X-Wing
2.  Snow Speeder
3.  Y-Wing
4.  Vader's Tie
5.  Naboo Fighter

Ok thats enough for now.  I know there will be some differances of oppinions
here and I invite you to share them.  I know I am going to here it about my
Boba Fett ranking.  I think he looks really cool too but there is much more to
being a good character than looking cool.  Plus remember this is strictly from
the movies.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/