 Star Wars / 4205
Re: Another AT-AT site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:35:46 GMT

Shaun,

First, I want to applaud your obvious dedication.  Your AT AT is even
better than I had hoped for, and I'm not saying that lightly.  You
obviously have the knack for capturing the "soul" of the Starwars Vehicles
in Lego.  It goes without saying that I would be more than happy to include
your AT AT on my Master Grade page.  If you aren't a Master Lego builder,
then no one is.  Granted, I think the legs need to bend at the knees, but I
know you'll get that worked out.

I am dissappointed to see that the thread that should be full of praise for
one of the best MOC's on the web, has degenerated into an off topic
flame-fest.  I won't bother to berate Jon Bosman (he's gotten enough tongue
lashing), but it just goes to show, you should think before you post.

I also want to extend my appreciation to David Eaton.  Your AT AT is simply
terrific as well.  Both of you deserve tremendous praise.  The AT AT has to
be one of the most challenging SW vehicles to build (and my personal
favorite), and you both pulled it off marvelously.

Poor Pat (Justisson), how is he going to pick a winner now?

I think it's really fascinating to see the results of two different
approaches to the same subject.  I'll use this opportunity to shamelessly
plug my upcoming MGLM competitions, where the focus will be on a single
subject.  I hope that everyone enjoys, and can appreciate seeing the
different creative approaches used to model the same object.  I'm going to
open up the first Master Grade Competition in December, and the subject
will be the X-wing Fighter.  For all the contest rules and details, I will
have a dedicated page up some time in the next couple of weeks.

Again, simply terriffic work, and I hope that you're not too burned out on
Starwars vehicles.  I would love to see your version of the X-wing.  Mine
is almost finished, but I won't unveil it till after the first competition
is closed to entries.

-Dave Jr.
http://soli.inav.net/~thomas/lego/main.htm