 Star Wars / 4129
Re: Your Local Lego Webmaster!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:27:08 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jon Bosman writes:
Yes, i believe the worse way to insult someone would be what you just said. I
was in no way trying to insult anyone! nor was i trying to turn anyone into
some kind of a pushover.  I thought someone may be interested in a
professional webmaster. besides, i'm doing it for free, if i thought
everyone's pages were shit, i would charge or i wouldn't bother at all. The
only reason i put that message up is because almost all pages i want to, they
were hard to navagate, they had broken links, or some other various thing.
shouldn't i be allowed to speak my mind. if you all insult me like this then
you are all the hipocrits... you express what you think about other sites all
the time; good or bad, there's no excuse nor any reason to downgrade me.

jon
Hey Jon,
Do you know whom you are bashing here, he's only the guy who did the majority
of the work on this site, Lugnet.  Are you saying his design is bad?  Probably
not, I certainly like and enjoy it.  Todd is NOT a PROFESSIONAL webmaster/site
designer etc, this is his hobby/labor of love.  Sure he's a computer guy, knows
a lot software etc, but he's never claimed to a professional
webmaster/designer (that I know of).  I think that Lugnet is better than of the
"professional" websites I've been to.  If you really want to convince people to
ask for your services, either show some of the sites you've done or make your
site into a showcase.  Actually the second option there could actually you get
other jobs as it would show off the quality of your work.....
Just a few thoughts,
Mike