 Star Wars / 2897
  Question about 7101

My sons enjoy playing with set 7101, the Light Saber Duel. What is that radar antenna thing supposed to be? We have not seen the movie and I do not have any idea what it is. (25 years ago, 8-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about 7101

(...) It's a Moisture Vaporator. It takes water from the atmosphere and converts it to drinking water. Jeff (25 years ago, 8-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about 7101

(...) radar (...) I thought "Oh, that explains the spigots (faucets)." But then I ask Why are they in the middle of the MV and not at the bottom. Must have a pump in it rather than just work on gravity pressure. I assume the planet they are on has (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about 7101

(...) I figured the spigots were air intakes. I wonder if anyone has written up technical docs on the vaporator? Steve (25 years ago, 9-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  RE: Question about 7101

In the Dune series these are called windtraps. Mark -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Steve Bliss Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 1999 8:13 AM To: lugnet.starwars@lugnet.com Subject: Re: (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about 7101

(...) I figured it was a drip-unit, and that the "ladders" are representations of the coils where atmospheric gas is cooled to form condensation, which then drips into a tank. The faucets are at the top of the tank, to keep from having joints at (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about 7101

(...) The same reason every planet in Star Trek has earth gravity, breathable atmosphere and beautiful weather! They're "M" class planets or some such thing. You have to accept that there are millions of planets we don't see that aren't "M" class. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about 7101

(...) Actually, it wouldn't make too much of a difference in terms of thrust or maneuverability- the mass of the pod racers is the same no matter what planet they're on. It would have made Anakin's jump a /lot/ higher and longer, though. How about (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about 7101

(...) And in every multi-species SF setting I've encountered, humans are medium-sized. So everything will be approximately human-sized, to target the middle ground. Steve (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about 7101

Mr L F Braun wrote: snip (...) snip Terran = Earth , The number is right, but the unit is wrong. On average pressure is closer 1 atm (atmosphere), 760 mmHg, 760 Torr, 101.3 kPa (kilopascal), 1.013 Bar, or 1013 mBar (milibar). Chris PS Sodium (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about 7101

[Moving to off-topic.fun] (...) Where did you hear about the moon's atmosphere? I try to keep up on Astronomy news, but I've heard nothing about it. It can't be pure sodium, as I'm pretty sure the moon's gravity isn't strong enough to hold it (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Question about 7101

(...) from (...) filling (...) low. I figured the short ladders were coils to collect moisture. I can;t recall seeing those cute ladder pieces before. But again, if the spigot is at the top, wouldn't it need to have a pressurized release system, (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about 7101

(...) They are in some sets as barred windows (they fit into a 1x4x3 window frame). (...) Cheaper plumbing (though why the drier isn't next to it is another question - presumably its in an out of the way spot). (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about 7101

(...) OK. For some reason, I grafted mmHg onto the milibar rating. That's what I get for forsaking chemistry and going to grad school for something else...;) Now I'm not sure if the lunar "pressure" (if it can be called that) is in mBar or mmHg. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)