 Star Wars / 236
Re: Cancel request (was Re: Episode I movie trailer...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 05:33:44 GMT

"Tim Rueger" <rueger@io.com> writes:

Todd,

As you kindly pointed out, I didn't get permission
from the copyright owner before posting this info.

Hey, I'm not -that- psychic.  :)  Actually, wasn't my e-mail simply asking
whether or not you'd obtained permission, rather than speculating that you
hadn't?

Would you please cancel the article in question
(lugnet.starwars:233).

Certainly.  Done.  Per your explicit request above (BTW, I see your other
corrective message that you meant :232 and not :233), the post you refer to
has been cancelled.

And we don't censor content here, so I would never request that you remove
something.  You've made that decision on your own account, presumably after
reviewing the Terms of Use regarding publishing material which is owned by
others...

I'm assuming that providing a pointer to the
original page is ok.

I think it is.  Of course, I'm not an attorney, so this isn't legal advice.
But at least by giving a pointer only, you leave it such that the person
hosting that site is the one potentially breaking the law by publishing
stolen/leaked/copyrighted information, rather than yourself.  I don't see
how you would be breaking any law (legal or moral) or rule by giving a
pointer to the page.

May the Force be with you,
--Todd

So, go read it yourself...