 Star Wars / 237
236  |  238
Subject:
Trailerage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:58:53 GMT

(from www.infobeat.com)

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - For diehard "Star Wars" fans, a full-priced movie ticket is a small price to pay for an early glimpse of the upcoming prequel - even if it's only two minutes long. After word got out that Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox were "sneaking" the trailer of "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" in 75 North American theaters Tuesday, attendance was up markedly. At the Mann Village in Westwood, Calif., about 500 people showed up for a showing of "The Siege." Nearly two-thirds walked out a
fter the trailer played, skipping the feature entirely. A handful came back later to see a second run of the trailer. ###

(It's like buying a set just for one piece and selling off the rest...)

-Tom McD.
tfn, radiotitan@yahoo.com