 Star Wars / 2305
Re: TPM Soundtrack tracks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 22:11:29 GMT

This is getting off topic now ...

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Lee Jorgensen writes:
Actaully Todd, it's perfectly legal for him to make MP3's of cds _HE_ owns.
I have
about 33% of my collection converted to MP3's and have read a lot on the
subject.
(1)

It's perfectly legal to offer MP3's of TPM, as long as the people that obtain
it have
purchased the CD.  Otherwise, it is illegal.

What about low-quality clips of the music?  Like a minute from each song?
That's the way I'd do it (if it's legal, of course).

Jeff

The only way that I would know how to do this legally (1), is to have
a format that cannot be saved, and probably ask permission to 'replay'
the data ... other than that ...

If you have a non-substantial piece of the work, you may be able to get
away with it as well ... (I'd say <30 secs ... but then again (1))

Did you notice that TPM trailers are all downloadable, however, the soundtrack\
music video is not?  Odd ...

(1) I am not a lawyer ...

--
Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc.
mailto:jorgensen@bankoe.moc  <-- reverse moc