 Star Wars / 1954
Re: Naboo Swamp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 06:53:50 GMT

Jaco van der Molen wrote in message <3731A925.49F36B1C@globalxs.nl>...
Eric Lind wrote:

This reminded me - I had my first negative set encounter, ie, I was • missing a
piece, and it was from a SW set!  The Gungan Sub was missing a 2x3 grey • low
slope.  I searched the entire living room, the little plastic bags, the • box,
the other boxes, the other plastic bags.  Nothing.  It's not like I • couldn't
replace it (which I did, but I grumbled), but still, I've never been • missing a
piece like that before.

I allways thought this was virtually impossible with LEGO. To miss a
piece that is...

--
Greetingz...

Sjaacko

"Missing Piece" case is not an impossible thing for TLG, but highly rare
actually. My first and only one was from 6332 Town Jr. Command Post
Central(1). It had an extra windows piece instead of a missing 1x6x5 wall
piece. I went back to TRU, explained the situation, and want a replacement,
so they exchanged the entire set with a new copy, without asking any
further.

The second one was the 5909 Treasure Raiders. Although it doesn't mentioned
in anywhere in the instructions, the box has a picture on the back which
shows an alternative model using a green 2x2 minifig seat, but set didn't
has it.

Selçuk

(1) No, I don't bought it myself, it was from a lottery held by TLG Turkey
and TRU. My attempt to exchange it with a copy of 6398 that they already
have on the shelves (even with a squizzed box and 3/4 of the price of 6332)
completely failed, by the way..:-(