 Star Wars / 1999
Re: SW Missing and Weird Pieces (was Re: Naboo Swamp)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 01:18:52 GMT

Wow!!! I just looked at mine and they are the same, the lego logo is
turned every different direction, I wonder how this could have happened
with their control measures.. Kinda reminds me of the samonsite era
bricks...  I think Lego was a little backlogged on pieces and let a
bunch of "bad" pieces through???
Is your first one ok?? I only have one of this set so I don't have
another one to check against..
Tamy

Mr L F Braun wrote:
<snipage>

   Now, I just opened my second Droid Fighter (7111).
   As it turns out, the 2x2 inverse-45-slope dark grey
   pieces are "weird."  Y'see, the LEGO logo on top
   of the two frontmost studs are progressively "turned."
   When the two pieces are set side by side properly,
   you can see the first one is correct, the second skewed
   15 degrees, the third is skewed 50 degrees, and the
   last about 80 degrees.  This, to me, is Highly Weird.
   Has anyone else encountered various unprecedented
   malformations in the ABS as of late?

   -LFB