 Star Wars / 17353
Re: Indy AFOL Knights win ISD building tournament @ Celebration III
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:34:35 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Gregory wrote:
   LEGO had a booth at Star Wars Celebration III this past weekend in Indianapolis. One of the activities that they had there was an Imperial Star Destroyer speed build tournament. Eight teams (4 Jedi, 4 Sith) of ten people each competed in a single-elimination bracket style tournament to see who could build the 10030 ISD set the fastest. I’m happy to announce that the Indy AFOL Knights (a Jedi team) won the competition!

Our team consisted of:
Joe Greene, Indianapolis, IN (Team Captain)
Justin Makemson, Bloomington IN
Lora Makemson, Bloomington, IN (1st and 3rd Rounds)
Kyle Dialy, Bloomington, IN (2nd round)
Meyer Makemson, Bloomington, IN
Tim Fallowfield, Indianapolis, IN
David “Fuzzy” Gregory, Lafayette, IN
Steve Hassenplug, Lafayette, IN
Brian Davis, South Bend, IN
Ben Davis, South Bend, IN
Jason Gorber, Toronto, Canada

Congrats to all of you, guys (and gals!)

I only wish I was there to help you out. I think I’ve been on more ISD builds than anybody else--except we weren’t stuck with the table size you guys had--makes the build even more challenging! (I was in Atlanta, working another LEGO event that was highly successful, I might add!)

Enjoy your sweet success, and I want to know if the executor was on display that the master builders did!

Scott Lyttle