 Star Wars / 17350
Re: Indy AFOL Knights win ISD building tournament @ Celebration III
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:43:59 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

   In lugnet.starwars, David Eaton wrote:

   So, out of curiosity, do you know about how long it took the other teams... to complete their models? We were kinda worried that if it took them over 3 hours, things could’ve gotten ugly...

It kinda did. Evidently at least one match ran over time enough that an alternate location needed to be chosen for the match that should have followed it. This alternative was a bigger non-public room, where we *were* allowed to use the floor, so all of the round one times might not be strictly comparable.

Two things that were obvious - a shared terminology helps, while over-ambitious sorting does not. Several of the teams we watched did things like make *very* neat stacks of all the 2x8’s, 2x10’s, etc. It looked beautiful. It also looked like it took a team of ten about 30 minutes or more.

-- Brian Davis