 Star Wars / 17349
Re: Indy AFOL Knights win ISD building tournament @ Celebration III
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:19:26 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Eaton wrote:
   In lugnet.starwars, David Gregory wrote:
   The Jedi team that we went up against in that round was our toughest competition in the tournament. However, we won and shortened our time to 1 hour, 32 minutes. (Sorry, I didn’t get any pics from our second match. The opposing team didn’t have many pieces left to assemble though.)

So, out of curiosity, do you know about how long it took the other teams (on the Sith side) to complete their models? (or the other Jedi team you didn’t face?) When I was talking to a few people we sort of agreed that we really had no idea HOW long it would take for non-AFOLs to complete an ISD. From all the builds so far, it was safe to assume 1-2 hours for an AFOL build, but non-AFOLs? We were kinda worried that if it took them over 3 hours, things could’ve gotten ugly...

I believe the winning times in the first round were (within a minute or two) 3 hours, 3 hours, 2 hours, & 1:47

In the second round, the Sith match was VERY close. The first team clamed victory, but was told they were not complete. Then, the second did the same, only to find out they were not finished. Finally, the first team was declared the winner, with a time just over 3 hours. Had it taken much longer, the build would have been stopped, and a winner picked by the LEGO employees (that would have been hard)

As David said, we finished in 1:32 and 1:23 in our last two rounds.

Due to time constraints, losing teams were not given a chance to finish the build, so there are no other times.

Actually, I think about half our team was made of AFoLs, while the rest were Star Wars fans.