 Star Wars / 16907
    If only... —Mark Chittenden
   LEGO really did release this set... Found this while surfing Brickshelf... (2 URLs) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

        Re: If only... —Kevin Blocksidge
     (...) Meh. First off, who could possible need another Tie? They are all the same. And then, the design itself of the Tie Fighter isn't aesthetically pleasing or functionally logical. Finally, the MOC you linked to doesn't even look very good, even (...) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

         Re: If only... —Bill Pfund
      (...) Whoaa there dude...The poor guy is just asking a question... (...) IYHO, right? I can agree with you somewhat. While the Tie Fighter may not be the coolest ship out there, it does have a nostalga to it, especially for a Star Wars buff. In the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

         Re: If only... —Mark Chittenden
     (...) Um, I did post this to the Star Wars group, right? I didn't think I made a cross post into Space... As for why X-Wings, Y-Wings & TIEs seem to be the most popular - well, in the 3 movies, they are the fighters shown the most often. The Rebels (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

         Re: If only... —David Laswell
     (...) There are rumors (unsubstantiated, AFAIK) that the TIE Droid will either show up in Ep3 or be inserted into at least one of the DVD releases of the original trilogy. If these rumors had popped up independantly, I'd suggest taking them with (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

        Re: If only... —Bill Pfund
     (...) Set 4797 is the "Ogel Mutant Killer Whale" set, as listed by both Peeron and LUGNET's Lego Set Database. So the "Interceptor set" must be fictional. Bill Pfund (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

         Re: If only... —Mark Chittenden
     (...) I know this is a 'fictional' set - I was just wishfully thinking that TLC should have released a mini-fig scale TIE Interceptor - or at least included it in the new TIE Fighters pack (instead of the TIE Droid!). (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

         Re: If only... —David Laswell
      (...) Or how about instead of one of the twin copies of the basic TIE, since that way we'd at least get four distinct models? Or instead of Vader's TIE, since that way it'd be great as an army-builder set? Even better yet, they could have included (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

         Re: If only... —Bill Pfund
     (...) Right - I realized my mistake in that post and posted a thread titled "Oops..." awhile back to correct myself. Sorry for the confusion! Bill (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

        Just one little nitpick . . . —David Simmons
   It would be a nice set, but the lasers are the wrong color. This has bugged me ever since the film's first began to be licensed. TIE Fighter laser's are neon green, the Rebel's are red. Even as a kid, I noticed this discrepancy and it has always (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.starwars)