 Star Wars / 16928
Re: If only...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 16:29:38 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Chittenden wrote:
   I know this is a ‘fictional’ set - I was just wishfully thinking that TLC should have released a mini-fig scale TIE Interceptor - or at least included it in the new TIE Fighters pack (instead of the TIE Droid!).

Or how about instead of one of the twin copies of the basic TIE, since that way we’d at least get four distinct models? Or instead of Vader’s TIE, since that way it’d be great as an army-builder set? Even better yet, they could have included enough extra parts so you could rebuild either the TIE Droid or TIE Fighter wings into TIE Interceptor wings. I don’t particularly mind the inclusion of the TIE Droid, but it really would be nice to see this gaping hole filled. After all, the TIE Interceptor is the only major fighter craft that hasn’t been produced as an official minifig-scale set, while the X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Vader’s TIE, Snowspeeder, Millennium Falcon, Speederbike, and even Luke’s Landspeeder have received duplicate minifig-scale sets (technically quadruple, in the case of the Speederbike).