 Star Wars / 16909
Re: If only...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:39:44 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Chittenden wrote:
   LEGO really did release this set...

Found this while surfing Brickshelf... http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=893576

Meh.

First off, who could possible need another Tie? They are all the same.

And then, the design itself of the Tie Fighter isn’t aesthetically pleasing or functionally logical.

Finally, the MOC you linked to doesn’t even look very good, even given the limitations brought on by building a TIE Fighter.

Actually, I lied, there is one more thing: Why does everyone feel the urge to all build X-Wings, Y-Wings, and Tie Fighters. There are many SW ships that look a whole lot better, many that have never been done before. Along with the multitude of other fictional story lines to create customs of, coupled with the infinite possibilities of actually creating something using *gasp* creativity... why do people feel so attached to only building SW?

~Kevin