 Star Wars / 16496
  Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD

(...) If they had the remotest connection to the fanbase, they'd put both versions on. (...) That's because George doesn't think of them as 'Special Editions'. To him they are the finished films - the ONLY edition. Although there are rumours that (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD

(...) It's not 'they', it's 'him'. It's George. It's all about how disconnected from the real world George has become. He is a modern day Howard Hughes when it comes to dealing with the reality of his fans. He forgets that his lovely ranch was paid (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD

(...) Yep, even though I already own the 3-tape "special edition" set on VHS, I would gladly pay to get the genuine origional article (also on VHS) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD

(...) I think that smarmy git Rick McCallum can be held at least partially responsible. (...) Indeed. My wife bought me the special edition trilogy for Christmas a couple of years ago, much to my chagrin. When I finally found the real editions on (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD

(...) And I'm sure Lucas would advance this as the counter: Ted Turner wasn't the director/writer/prod.../visionary who made the films he colorized. Turner was stomping on somebody else's vision. Lucas is modifying his own work, The other view is (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD

(...) If my old memory core serves me correctly, Lucas (and Spielberg) argued that the directors of the old black and white movies did the best with what they had at the time. (and yes, they also made the 'vision' argument as well) So in George's (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD

In lugnet.starwars, Allan Bedford wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) In my mind, the only 'directors version' that was by far superior than the original (besides the mentioned LOTR--but again was planned from the get go as pointed out) was.. (wait for (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD

(...) Hello skeleton! (URL) Harryhausen had this special friend along in his briefcase when he came to Stony Brook! Spreading the inspiration one more time. Ray held to cast models that were as realistic as possible and painstakingly posed. He (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)