 Star Wars / 16194
Re: Official: UCS Snowspeeder and *New* Millennium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 05:42:34 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tim Romine wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Mark Papenfuss wrote:

    ----    snippety - doo - dah    ----

Basically, I want a new SW set, not one I have already despite any 'new and
exciting' parts it may have. I want Lego to put time, money and effort into a
new SW set, not to polish up old sets. And I do not think I am wrong for wanting
that.

Thats just IMHO, not saying it should be yours ;)

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

Hmmm......

I don't see this set as the same thing as the first falcon, any more than I
would see Jango's Slave I as the same as Boba's Slave I.  They are completely
different designs with different building techniques and features, and only the
finished shape is somewhat similar....

Just my $0.02

Tim

I agree with Tim.

In some case a redesign of an old set can show more originality that designing a
completely new set.  In fact, a good redesign that improves the look and feel of
the model to the point where I, as a consumer, would want to buy said redesign,
shows that the amount creativity and originality that goes into a set redesign
can be much more sophisticated and complex than that of a new set.

-Orion