 Star Wars / 1616
Re: Star Wars Releases...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 18:28:15 GMT

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 06:33:26 GMT, Jonas Marcho uttered the following
profundities...
Some sources have reported saying that stores are holding all Star Wars Legos,
including the classic ones. That's true. I went to Toys R Us today and found
out that they are holding them all back until May 1st. Don't ask me why. I am
still dying to get my pretty little hands on a Tie Fighter & Y-Wing.

On the subject of shipping, those reports are true as well. Lego Shop-at-Home
and the Lego Imagination Center are backordered until late May and once stores
sell out of their first shipment of Episode 1 Legos, they will have to wait
until the end of May for another shipment.

I think Lego is trying to boost the demand of their sets so they can make
charge a little more and make money in the long run. It's devious, but it
looks like that is their scheme. Don't quote me on this, don't hold me to
that. This is just my opinion.

I mean think about it. There are guys on E-Toys right know selling the Mos
Espa Pod Race for $125. There is another guy who is selling Darth Vader
minifigs for $10 a head. That's highway robbery and yet he is selling them
like hotcakes because everyone wants one.

And yet these are all over the stores in the UK, in pretty
good numbers, and in many different types of shop, too. Perhaps
we will see Cabbage Patch phenomena over SW Lego? USAians
flying trans-Atlantic just to get there hands on a much desired
set?
On the other hand, 1000's of people are flying over to the US
from here to see the film in advance of its UK release. 3-day
city breaks in NY and other cities are apparantly doing quite
well! Me, I am attending a 2-week conference, during the
release, and as such will be able to see the film!
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/