 Star Wars / 1597
Re: Star Wars Releases...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 22:01:20 GMT

I got the same info from the Sprfld, IL TRU and Wal-Mart.  Looks like I'll be
at TRU May 2 at 11PM (just to make sure I'm first in line).  Has anyone heard
if they'll be putting SW Lego sets with the rest of the SW stuff, or in the
Lego aisle?

-John Van

Jonas Marcho <BolaHead@msn.com> wrote in message news:FAsA7q.Ao@lugnet.com...
Some sources have reported saying that stores are holding all Star Wars • Legos,
including the classic ones. That's true. I went to Toys R Us today and found
out that they are holding them all back until May 1st. Don't ask me why. I am
still dying to get my pretty little hands on a Tie Fighter & Y-Wing.

On the subject of shipping, those reports are true as well. Lego Shop-at-Home
and the Lego Imagination Center are backordered until late May and once • stores
sell out of their first shipment of Episode 1 Legos, they will have to wait
until the end of May for another shipment.

I think Lego is trying to boost the demand of their sets so they can make
charge a little more and make money in the long run. It's devious, but it
looks like that is their scheme. Don't quote me on this, don't hold me to
that. This is just my opinion.

I mean think about it. There are guys on E-Toys right know selling the Mos
Espa Pod Race for $125. There is another guy who is selling Darth Vader
minifigs for $10 a head. That's highway robbery and yet he is selling them
like hotcakes because everyone wants one.

I guess all I can say is this - auctioneers, stock up on what you can find.
You'll make mega-profits in the auction game and end up walking away with a
load of cash, a lot more than what you paid for. I'm sure any auctioned Star
Wars parts will make a lot more then they are actually worth.