 Star Wars / 1590
  Star Wars Releases...

Some sources have reported saying that stores are holding all Star Wars Legos, including the classic ones. That's true. I went to Toys R Us today and found out that they are holding them all back until May 1st. Don't ask me why. I am still dying to (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

(...) Here's some counter-advice: auctioneers, resist the dark side. Steve (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

I got the same info from the Sprfld, IL TRU and Wal-Mart. Looks like I'll be at TRU May 2 at 11PM (just to make sure I'm first in line). Has anyone heard if they'll be putting SW Lego sets with the rest of the SW stuff, or in the Lego aisle? -John (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

Who knows? Knowing my luck, I will look for them in one place, and they will sell out in the other. FYI, I talked to one of my friends that works in the Meijer toy department, and he said they have all the sets in, and will be putting them out on (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

(...) The TRU I got my sets from had them in the front and also on the usual designated Lego aisle. Oddly enough, there were more in the front, and there were no Snowspeeders in the aisle. But there was also lots more non-SW lego in the front too. I (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

You're JOKING, right? DO you REALLY think that if you show up a measly hour early, even if in the middle of nowhere, you will be first in line? Try 100th - 100 scalpers ahead of you. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 06:33:26 GMT, Jonas Marcho uttered the following profundities... (...) And yet these are all over the stores in the UK, in pretty good numbers, and in many different types of shop, too. Perhaps we will see Cabbage Patch phenomena (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

Whoa, *you're* joking, right?! I don't think *that* many people care about getting their hands on those sets that early. Or am *I* off base{:-/ Seriously, what do you all think? -John (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

(...) WOW!!! (...) Excellent! What city will you be in here? I'm thinking of taking the whole day off and booking myself a continuous run of 5 showings in a row... :) --Todd (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

(...) The Toys R Us in my area has had Star Wars sets on the shelves for about a week and a half now. Their manager must be smart enough to know he can set the Episode IV, V and VI Legos, already. Needless to say most sets are sold out:) Timbo (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

(...) I'd guess that just about everyone else who is there will swarm the action figure/model kit aisles. Make a mad dash for the Lego aisle and you should get first pick. I'll be taking a cart! ;) Jeff P.S. Hmmm... Maybe I should take my sword and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

(...) If you check out www.lastminute.com, they are selling 3 day breaks with guaranteed seats for 700 quid. (...) Chicago, for 2 weeks, from 17 May. And I understand they are bringing forward the release? (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Releases...

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 22:54:27 GMT, Richard Dee uttered the following profundities... (...) Which of course is no use to Todd, who lives in Boston, and would he fly to London to then fly to Boston? I don't think so! I should have said for those in the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)