 Star Wars / 15746
Re: AT-AT online at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 12:36:05 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Allan Bedford writes:
Your question has me baffled.  My snowspeeder(s) came with orange pieces.
In fact, it was the first time I'd seen LEGO orange.  Are we still sure
we're talking about the same set here?

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=7130_1&v=z

Or, do you mean that Luke's speeder in the movie was devoid of orange?

     Yes.  In the movie Luke's Snowspeeder is almost completely grey, while
all of the other Rogue pilots fly Snowspeeders with orange color blocks.
The only two correct Luke Snowspeeder toys that I can remember ever being
released are the MicroMachine one and the Series Alpha Action Fleet one,
both released by Galoob.  Even they released Luke with an orange-blocked
Snowspeeder in the first wave of AF vehicles.

In which case we really have to talk about how X-wing's are white and not
light grey, but then... it's just LEGO, right?  ;)

     Actually, there's at least a semi-legitimate excuse for that (and the
TIE Fighters were supposedly white in ANH, which is another can of worms).
A lot of SW toys are released with colors matched to how they appear in the
movie in spite of the fact that they might have looked completely different
in real life.  If someone looks at an X-Wing on screen and thinks, "That
looks grey," they will expect all X-Wing toys to be grey.  However, Luke's
grey snowspeeder never appears to look orange at any time in the movie.  My
suspicion is that, like with most Star Wars toys, a lot of the design
choices were made based on the original Kenner version from the vintage toy
line (this appears to be the reason that most MF toys have three landing
gear ala Mos Eisley, rather than the more recognized five ala Cloud City).