 Star Wars / 14166
Re: Lando poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 02:17:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Terry Prosper writes:
I remember reading an article in which someone from TLC stated that minifigs
head were all yellow so there would never be any racist discrimination with
the products, yellow representing a neutral color, even if most of us seem
to think that yellow is flesh, so it is discriminating against other skin
tones like asians, blacks, etc.

That isn't really my opinion.  I think the whole issue could be treated just
the same as the 'stubbies' (short legs) thing.  Before the 2002 sets, all
'figs were the same height.  But it was too much of a stretch to represent
ewoks, yoda, goblins etc with normal legs, so they made a new piece.  So far
it has only been used to represent specific characters who are short.  No
one has felt the need to introduce generic 'figs with stubbies.

Now substitute colour for height, and mace/lando for ewoks, and 'black' for
'short', you have my point of view :)

<snip>

PS: I have read my message carefully.  English is not my primary language,
but i'm almost 100% sure that I didn't say or implied anything that could be
interpreted as racist.  If so, please note that in no way was it my
intention.  I'm totally against all forms of discrimination and against
racism.  If by any mistake I've said something the wrong way, I'll correct
it if you would kindly tell me how to re-phrase it.
No worries from me :)

Michael Dallaston