 Star Wars / 14165
Re: Lando poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 20:40:34 GMT

I remember reading an article in which someone from TLC stated that minifigs
head were all yellow so there would never be any racist discrimination with
the products, yellow representing a neutral color, even if most of us seem
to think that yellow is flesh, so it is discriminating against other skin
tones like asians, blacks, etc.

I remember that TLC produces some Far west sets with indians in it,
yellow-headed.  They had different eyes and pattern on their clothes, which
was enough to distinguish them from the cowboys.  I think something like
that shoul;d be done for Mace and Lando.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it would be more realistic to see Lando in
brown.  I've got nothing against it, but imagine for a second that TLC
produces brown minifigs head for these 2...  Don't you think they will be
obligated to produce many other brown heads and hands and legs ans arms and
torsos since they will have accepted to say: yellow is flesh, so all our
previous minifigs were caucasians.  It would be disastrous IMHO for their
image if they do.

So it's eihter :
Lando and Mace in Yellow
or
A whole lotta new brown minifigs coming soon!

-Terry

PS: I have read my message carefully.  English is not my primary language,
but i'm almost 100% sure that I didn't say or implied anything that could be
interpreted as racist.  If so, please note that in no way was it my
intention.  I'm totally against all forms of discrimination and against
racism.  If by any mistake I've said something the wrong way, I'll correct
it if you would kindly tell me how to re-phrase it.