 Star Wars / 1271
Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:55:08 GMT

Selcuk brings up a very good point here.  Now that these set pictures
are leaking out we can still see them as original designs.  It would be
as if Lego were simply introducing a new space theme.  This way, we can
judge the sets, not on their representationalism, but solely on the
merits of their design.  We won't be able to do this after we see the
movie*(or it won't be as easy).  In another thread someone mentioned
that one of the new sets looked like a Stingrays set and I agree that it
does.  Enjoy the uniqueness of these sets while you can - all too soon
they will become "Star Wars Lego" sets instead of "Lego Star Wars" sets.

*I'm still debating whether to see the new movie on its first run or
not.  My wife doesn't want to (she just saw Star Wars for the first time
when they re-released it in theaters a while back (it was probably my
third or fourth time seeing it).  I'm thinking the theaters will be
crowded and it won't be much fun.  But I'll probably have to wait 6-7
months before the second-run theaters get it.  Maybe I need to find a SW
fan to go with.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

"Selçuk " wrote:

I was expecting something like this (knowing roughly, what a pod race is),
but sharing your opinion about "coolness". Maybe because we are not so
familiar with the newly introduced SW universe thingies. I feel that, for
example, R2D2 is as familiar as my washing machine and Millennium Falcon as
a Ford Escort..:-). They are somehow like things from our daily life.

As an another opinion, those newly introduced elements are not cool as the
classic ones. I don't want to conclude about them before seeing the movies.
Time will tell, as a conclusion.

Selçuk

William Ng wrote in message <3716E9BF.B9847759@hotmail.com>...
thats the most expensive set, but doesn't look that cool, does it?? i
was expecting some big ship or even a base or something....

William Ng

Ben Rogers wrote:

There's now a picture of the 7171 Mos Espa Podrace Box at • www.yakface.com,

     http://www.yakface.com/imagebin/podlego.jpg